Hug

What sort of difference can a hug do? A hug between brothers, or between sisters, is like one of the purest forms of joy on this planet.

Yesterday I had a very moving dream. I dreamt of Mohamed AbouTreika - no laughs please - and i hugged him and wept a lot! He was as smiling as always, with that pure innocent face, and man did I take his spiritual fingerprint, sure I did, but why him and why crying? That was something to keep my mind busy for the rest of the day.

He simply - at least for me and some 50 Million other Egyptians - gives us a very trustworthy role model. He is modest, skilled, lovable, humble, religious, ethical, and brings smiles to his people. He makes us happy, and his clear spirit shows on his face and in the interviews he appears on. He is simply someone you would like to have as a brother. The way he always refers to his teammates whenever he is being praised just makes you think how good that person really is. The way he ALWAYS makes sujood immediately after his team scores just makes your skin shiver.

Now internally, in the psychology of me somewhere, I long for a public figure like that in my life, I need to love someone close to me with that sort of personality, and since I don't know someone with those attributes in my real life then the image was created by my mind during sleep. I hugged him and started talking to him about my problems, sharing them with him, because I love him and trust him, and wish to be his friend somehow!

And that's not the first hug'n'weep dream of the month, but maybe the fifth or sixth. Turns out that i'm turning into a sissy! I should tie a pink ribbon above my head and call myself Daisy Duck, eh? But it seems that I DO need a hug, badly! I'm not suffering, but I've just reached this point in my life where a part of me is in that need of companionship that's all, but it can't be acquired at the current timing except if I'm REALLY in the domain of God's satisfaction, in the domain where really good things happen without anyone's intervention.

But then again one thinks and finds out that really good things happen to us all the time without any intervention from us, like the beats of our hearts, like the way we digest food seamlessly, or the way we breath without pain, or the parents and the sort of raising that we are satisfied with, or the food on our tables, or,.. or,.. or.. But the human is selfish and is in a constant search for what he does not have. And for that a quest for self-satisfaction is underway, and without that sort of quest a human being could be dubbed something other than a human being, which happens in the numerous cases in the Arab world when there is a human whose been always getting what he asks for and what he didn't ask for without any interventions from his part. That certainly creates a criminal, aka: something other than a human being.

We thank God for knowing that we should thank Him. We thank God for giving us the privilege of carrying out the act of thanking Him, and naming certain things that we are so grateful that we have, then shyly asking for something more, and blessed him who asks the Creator for blessing him with the blessing of strong faith, more taqwa, and more protection from the different lusts that exist inside of us and encouraged by what is outside of us.

That indeed is a different book, but let us first learn to Love the book that we have. I had a dream that I was hugging that book, because I just love it!

May He always keep our intentions crystal clear.

Comments

sara said…
awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww.. You made me miss my brother more now.. He's really tall, so when I hug him, I love doing that around his tummy-chest area.. broooooooohyyyyyyyyyyyy..

Abdo, I wish there's something that we could do to get to have such role-models in our lives.. It's just that we can't make them up..

Personally, when I have such a longing, I go read more about any of the REAL MEN & WOMEN whom has lived in the past..

May we stay in the domain of God's satisfaction Abdo.. Amen. (we always need to work harder..)
Gold said…
Americans made up Superman, batman, spiderman, and the whole bunch of starwars characters, in addition to a loooooong list of idolized symbols that people don't just 'love', but also 'believe in', and 'live for'..

If a human is capable of doing such a thing for an image just projected by his brain, so how about really learning that such a character filled with the attributes that make those people so attached to such idols?

The history of our empire is filled with Millions of stories of such characters but we've been cut off from them.. people that we REALLY would love to hug.. but they are misrepresented because they form the past of people who suck at living their present, thus looking at the past of others, and idolizing their same symbols, which makes us hybrid distorted role-model-seekers

except those who have knowledge, may we be of them! and may we have the honor of conveying that knowledge to others..

which reminds me of the pot.. one way to boil is to convey.. and Allah knows best..

time for an Arabic blog.. hold on!
sara said…
All the best with your writing.. MashaAllah! I'm totally impressed by your expressions & analysis.. WAllahi way to go.. Please carry on & don't stop.. With the right intentions, it all shall be more than fine inshaAllah :)

Care to hear something strange? I guess you would..

Well, I was in my room listening to moez masoud's lecture, while amoona was playing around me & my granny came to my room.. She went like, is this Mostafa you're listening to? I was like no.. And before I answer her, guess what amoona said? just guess.. well, she went like: "dah abdo ya teta.."

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The strange thing is that we don't know any abdos & I'm pretty sure that she didn't hear it from me or anyone.. 'cuz I asked mom & sis.. They were puzzled!
Gold said…
ya mama!! :/

now i'm pretty... ya mama?

who is Ammoona bardo.. she's not your 17yr old sister in the blogspot for she knows me.. ammoone is i figure a younger human being living at your premises, related to you somehow.. maybe a young sister or a cousin? another grandchild for that magnificent granny of yours..

I also batlakhbat between Moezz and Mostafa Hosny :D

Please see me in Amr Khaled's aljanna fi boyootna part 2 tonight :D I was talking there :D
sara said…
I didn't get to see Amr Khaled's last night..

And hey, it's aMoona, not aMMoona.. don't stress on the m.. here's her story:
http://soulheartmindbody.blogspot.com/2007/09/do-they-have-eyes.html
Gold said…
3aseer amoona..

well anyways.. you should seriously ask her Abdo who? she might have met or seen someone on TV or something named Abdo.. please try to investigate more 3ashan artaa7 please!

thank you a lot for your encouraging words.. as always i don't know how to respond :)

I saw the episode and i wasn't on it :( they cut me off!! GRRRRR!! anyways the ratings of the show are below average.. something is missing and i think i know what it is!

Cheers
sara said…
Well, she didn't come over today.. And I don't think she'll remember if I ask her later on.. I'm pretty sure I didn't mention a Abdo in front of her (& nor did anyone else).. And the TV was on on barney all the time.. And she watched it for a short while only!!!!!!!!!!!! We did the Qur'an reading & soon after that went to the horses!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Another mystery..

Popular posts from this blog

Profound Sanity

Anything to declare?

Dreams.. the plural of dream