Hypothetical

Good morning sunshine! Its 6am in the morning and I'm all dressed up ready to get to work, having my morning coffee and some salted bread ready for a new day that I pray to God is a useful day filled with the least possible sins. Now a few minutes ago I was having a thought that just made me rethink some of my previous assumptions about a certain type of people, one that will make me have a good long halt before hypothetically throwing judgments upon people ever again.

Two weeks ago I was at the club, with my folks and my sister and her small family, and while there we saw another family that was formed of two Bearded fathers, one of them with the sort of Pakistani Uniform, niqabi sisters, some kids, and two niqabi girls that can't exceed 13 years old by any means.

I frowned, grimaced, and didn't feel comfortable at all with the idea of putting my two baby girls inside a niqab. They were on the swing playing like any other baby girl, but there's no way to tell whether they were smiling or not. All I know is that they are constantly looking around them while running here or there, most probably because they feel different in a way, different from the other girls their age that's for sure.

Now we were talking about a Sharjah-resident Egyptian scholar who was always known with his pretty much rigid opinions and sticking-to-the-wall fatwa's, and my sister was telling me that she saw him on TV the other day calling for the Muslims not to force their kids into niqab or even into Hijab, because such things should come from the heart and mind, or else various possibilities of wrongdoings could be done all bound around religion, while religion is inocent from such liabilities.

I wouldn't force my daughter into anything, but rather me and her mother would become the role model would always look up to, if we are successful at making our daughter love us, then she will do what we do inshaAllah, she will automatically love the model and try to stick to it: in her own way, three lines under the last few words.

But now the way the human brain works is astonishing! Now what made sure that those two young girls have been forced to wear the Niqab? Maybe their folks are doing a great job at raising the taqwa inside those two girls, the thing that made them make that decision themselves and decide to wear the niqab for the reason of pleasing Allah, the one they love the most! Why assume that people are all like me, having the same points of weakness and/or strength that I have? Why can't people be better than I am? Why can't there be a better way of thinking than mine?

And for sure there is! I for sure want to learn, and make my heart learn in the process. Thinking of issues your own way make a lot of sense to you, seemingly the best logical common sense there is. But then again when you take your mind out of your own brain and body combo, things become to alter a little bit. Why hypothetically assume that the girls feel locked inside their black top-to-bottom gown? Are you a girl for instance? Of course you as a male would feel uncomfortable in such a manner of clothing, then why assume that a female would?

You see? Its really hard not to surrender to our own perceived thoughts, not to surrender to the way our own print of thinking or manner of flow of electric pulses in that brain of ours! We are different and there's mercy in that fact. For instance wearing niqab opens up a door for profit for those who tailor them long black gowns, thats just a simple thought. Who knows who is right and who is wrong? Why accuse people of being different than us? Are we that good? On a thought I don't think that we're doing that good of a job, and if we think we are then we for sure are NOT doing a good job.

I think that's a way of thinking that could make us absorb other people, and build upon our relationships with everyone we meet, be it a demon or an elf. We try to understand: we live more experiences, we close our heads: we don't learn anything! Who is better on the day of judgment? Him who learned more, or him who closed his doors and windows thinking that Carbon Dioxide is better than Oxygen?

I love Oxygen no matter what!

Do you?

Comments

sara said…
Well, I’d like to share two thoughts over here..

Firstly, I’d like to say that I’m totally for oxygen, by all means.. I love it where it’s fresh.. I think that’s why rasuluLlah has advised us to teach our kids the art of swimming, sharp shooting, and horse back riding.. They just give you this endless sight to the unlimited horizon, fresh air & calm soothing effect on your very inner self.. So O2 rocks all the way..

Now secondly, I’d like to discuss this niqab perspective from a very personal view.. VERY PERSONAL VIEW.. I, for one, love the word sutra.. And extremely admire the bashfulness characteristic in all decent people.. Of course in both, physical & emotional aspects.. I find it lacking in nowadays life.. People kill it by all different means.. As you said, the role models are the secret to it.. And sadly, they aren’t really doing their best anymore.. Now talking of niqab, I PERSONALLY don’t know if it’s a fard or not.. If it turns out to be one, I’d love to wear it & ask Allah to forgive me for not doing so for the past years.. If it’s not, then I hope Allah accepts me & accepts all of my striving sisters.. I’ve had a lot of talking done on this subject & never reached a conclusion.. But honestly, my face & hands (that niqab supposedly covers) sometimes get shy from being looked at!! When I share those feelings with my friends, they don’t understand.. I really blush when someone looks at me in the face for a while! And yes, I did grow up in mixed schools & graduated from a very mixed university!! I also try not to show my hands on display to be looked at.. I feel self-conscience there!! I have a niqab.. And I wore it a couple of times when I used to go very crowded places on my own.. It does help.. But does this mean that I have to always wear them?

Everyone is different Abdo & we can’t judge no one except ourselves.. Sometimes I even get lost with my own self, Kaman harooh a make judgments on others!

I was just gonna say “Rabinna yeddy innas ‘ala add neyet-hom..” But you know what? I paused; ’cuz I’m tamma’a & want to ask for more.. Rabinna yedinna aktar men neyetna we yoslih neyetna all the way.. Amen.
Gold said…
cautiously approaching the subject is advisable indeed.. personally I think that there are a selection of women who should wear niqab if they are looking not to be looked at in desire by men down the street, that is personally tried and it sometimes is a must!

But I think that if must be preceded by an internal sutra as you said.. or the guards holding the inside gates should be on full alert and well-trained before powerfully training those on the outside..

Getting lost inside, u can say that again! and again, and again..... till death do us apart

The keys are scattered without a keychain to bind them,, Hope I'm speaking the truth..

being different has its ups and downs, but it is a fact that stands out like the sky, and those who treat life as if there is no sky are blind, or liars, or mostly deceiving themselves.. if there is a sky then we must know there is a sky, point at the sky, and wear sunglasses when it is sunny..

hehe.. this metaphor went outta hand, i'd buy u a kit-kat when u acknowledge your understanding of..

Mucho Respetto :)

Popular posts from this blog

Profound Sanity

Loving Fear

Dreams.. the plural of dream