Dreams.. the plural of dream

Whenever one of us thinks that he is aiming towards something, and working for acquiring or getting something out of life, we call it a goal, or a purpose in life, and reasonably emotional people could call it a dream. Someone has a dream in his life, and that means that it utilizes the person having it almost completely, that is if the obstacles that appear on the way towards fulfilling that dream do not act much as someone to blind the person from his main target, or the Dream as we would prefer to call it.

Then, there is another kind of Dream, that is the one we have while sleeping, containing sometimes random things that keep us entertained in our sleep, or while we are awake when we remember them. Sometimes it happens that a dream wakes you up in a very unusual manner, showing you something you have never seen before.. something you wish to have, or something your mind generated out of your life, to insert into your life, to convert it into something from the previous type of dreams I just mentioned there.. There is a relation for sure, and only wise men have a blend of the latter embedded inside the former.

Not a long post but when it comes to dreams, I can't do nothing more than stare in the horizon, and allow the clouds to take me higher..

Comments

Amy said…
Salam,

Interesting day for this post. I had myself a free trip to the cinema this morning, one after another, after another, after another, so many dreams I couldn't even keep track of them.

But certainly, they were uniformly useless. So I'm back to my old self regarding my opinion of dreams--random rubbish generated by our brains which have not much of anything to do with anything. That's been the case with all my dreams so I've no reason to think differently. Assuming a "hidden meaning" in said random rubbish is not a pursuit of the wise so much as the idle musings of an unoccupied mind.

My dreams are never in my dreams. Meaning, my goals, wishes, wants, desires, and hopes... they never really surface at night to enjoy while I sleep. And the more I concentrate on my goals, wishes wants, desires, and hopes, the less I actually dream at night. That's my explanation for going months straight without a single dream at night.

But I'm not going to take a night or morning full of dreams, like today, and give them much more than passing interest. They aren't hopes or goals--they just informed me that my mind is bored and has no direction. So pull direction from the dreams? Oh no, what a waste of time. They are the labyrinth, and the last place to look for direction is inside a maze, where direction deceives you.

Clouds can't take you higher--they are always falling.
Gold said…
Hmm.. well that is just YOU.. not necessarily everybody else.. and besides, there is a Hadith that states the different types of dreams one can have, so the term "random rubbish generated by our brains which have not much of anything to do with anything" might be a little inaccurate when it comes compared to the Hadith, if it can be compared to a Hadith in the first place..
Amy said…
To be sure it is just ME just like your post is only YOU--also, not necessarily anybody else. I wouldn't compare anything I say to hadith certainly, but will say categorically that nothing I have ever dreamed turned out to be more than random rubbish. Given that, how would anyone dare ask me to have a higher opinion of dreams in general? If I prefer to let my conscious mind rule my subconscious mind (how Vulcan of me) how can I be faulted?

So maybe you think your dreams are more than random rubbish. The point I am making is I think mine are absolutely nothing but.

Here's a poem for you--Langston Hughes.

What happens to a dream deferred?

Does it dry up
like a raisin in the sun?
Or fester like a sore--
And then run?
Does it stink like rotten meat?
Or crust and sugar over--
like a syrupy sweet?

Maybe it just sags
like a heavy load

Or does it explode?

~~
You see, I had a dream--not a subconscious half-baked otherworldly experience at night, but a real dream. And it dried up, then it festered, and now it just sags. When will it explode and just be done with?? Maybe it'll take me along with it.
Unknown said…
Not a long post but when it comes to dreams, I can't do nothing more than stare in the horizon, and allow the clouds to take me higher..

To see things from above and so realizing the relations :).

Good luck.

Popular posts from this blog

Profound Sanity

Loving Fear