Quite a Situation!

The truth be told, The truth be told
I'm worried about the future holds, the future holds
I'm starting to worry about Ray!

Can't seem to get the lyrics out of my mind, especially the first two lines of it. Not to mention the fact that the tune of the song is endlessly circulating in my head like a mosquito locked in there, waiting to be killed by the pesticide of sleep, or to be replaced by another tune as powerful to the current state of mind. *whispers: which is not so pretty you know!*

Is it me or is it that everyone I meet has eyes filled with endless unanswered questions about the future, with a touch of humiliation and worry. In arabic we call it "nafs maksoora", a broken self! Everybody is depressed, and everybody is complaining. No matter how much you have you won't be happy, that's the verdict of life in here right now. Everyone with enough wit wishes to get out of here, and less than 30% of those who are able to are not so satisfied either, but each for their own reasons.

Right now the simplest of rights are so difficult to attain, and the reasons why are too hard to grasp or even start to talk about. You can't blame anyone for being selfish and materialistic, but at the same time one of the reasons why things are not so pretty is because people have become so selfish and materialistic, like a snake biting on its own tail you see. There must be a way out, or a long-term solution for this issue, but since things have become so extreme in the homeland then the solution's beginning is most probably going to be extreme. Even my thoughts right now are not organized and I lack the ability to concentrate on what I want to say from the amount of thoughts that are behaving like fleas, jumping around randomly but in huge numbers!

An example of the simplest of rights is marriage. Guys around here cannot get married unless their folks have saved up quite a fortune for them to get married. Egyptians amaze me with their ability to save money without anyone knowing but there's nothing wrong with that, its just a comment. If a guy does not have the back of his parents to provide him with the initials of marriage (Dowry, Apartment, Car, Expensive present, money for furniture, maybe a pound of flesh from Antonio's body, and of course the most famous noisy Egyptian wedding party) then he will either not get married, or he will get married at the age starting from 31 or older.

Other than that, he will have some desperate attempts to tie up a bond with someone special, but his efforts will be slammed in the face against the thick wall of reality and even the thicker wall of social traditions and things that are in the culture and can't be changed, except with those who have real intellect and a wider space in their heads to think with. Now logically one can't blame a mother or a father of a bride for wishing for the best for their daughter, wanting to become assured that she will not live in poverty (that's number 1), or live with someone who will humiliate her (number 2)

But then again, which is more important? Money or dignity? Both are important and that's not negotiable. But someone for sure is missing a point, and the point is for sure lack of faith in the goodness of what is brought forth into our lives. Maybe I am just being Utopian, but the fact is that I KNOW people who are not like the examples I just mentioned, and who really don't care much about the financial status of the groom, don't stress at all on financial stuff, but wish to see a happy couple living under the umbrella of Allah's blessing.

Allah mentioned in the Quran that those who take the middle path are witnesses upon the others. The thing is that those people who don't stress on financial stuff live in comfort and contentedness, while others live a feverish life of continuous search of what is higher on the financial side: More expensive, more beautiful, more luxurious, giving us a more advanced social image maybe, Allah knows better what is inside the hearts of people.

Bottom line is that like the mentioned desperate attempts are exhaustive, and in the end the guys' verdicts are that its not worth it since no matter what we will gain it won't be enough, so to hell with it and to hell with the idea of marriage itself, let us just live our lives and enjoy what we can enjoy out of it.. and that's just about it. Not so cool of a concept but what else could be done. I'm living that situation right now and I'm too exhausted and/or occupied to search for a way out of it, and at the same time i'm not so excited about it! But what can I do? I am helpless right now and myself tells me that I need some sort of change. I used to absolutely believe that this change must be spiritual, and I can't say that I believe in something other than that, but maybe there are things that I do that pull my soul downwards so that I'm unable to emerge upwards to breath the fresh air up there somewhere (nice rhyme). And here a fact is being debated inside my head: even if you are able to emerge spiritually, what difference is it gonna make? The facts remain facts!

Don't know! I'm pretty much confused right now and can't truly grasp which desires inside of me are good, true and should be pursued and which are not! What my intentions are regarding the actions I take with the matters in my life now are also not so clear. The only clear thing is that I know that things are not clear. At least I know what exactly is not clear, right?

At a certain stage of surrounding circumstances the real believers in the wisdom of what is happening were really contented having enough peace of mind and peace at heart, but right now even those are being constantly worried about the future! Things are getting ridiculous and soon the numbers of people able to live like human beings is gonna shrink exponentially if things continue going this way! Not so optimistic, eh? On what basis can I be optimistic? And that's the Million Dollar question.

It is even absolutely difficult to keep the soul healthy! The amount of sins that are around are getting greater in number, and easier in availability! All that under the enormous pressure of the struggle to just live, makes one unable to fight for his body, so how fight for his soul??!

The devil is certainly happy now, that even the uncontrollable spirit of human believers has been conquered, and those who have it are decreasing rapidly in numbers. Last Ramadan for example was so weak in spirits! The prayers had so little taste compared to the Ramadan's before it, and the ones before it had less spirits that the ones before it, and so forth!

Is this the front of the shock wave that is awaiting to sweep the unjust human race? A lot of political analyzers say that the situation is that of a pre-world-war, and I can't seem to disagree much with that, and I can't seem to get dressed as a clown and laugh my way down the street either, such sarcasm that comes from a bitter throat as if imprisoned in the dirtiest of dungeons.

A snarl and a frown are all I'm able to do now! May Allah give me the ability to do anything else!

Amen

Comments

Anonymous said…
Salaam Alaikum Gold :),

come,give me a smile!
Be proud of you,becouse you are a great thinker,and that is always good.You also believe in God,and that is huge.That means you will always think of Him before you take a step in your life.Thus,do not worry that much.You can not change other people.All you can do is to LIVE your life in the best way possible,and by that making a difference.We all should set good examples for each other.

By the way,I liked the post about the girl in the supermarket.Nice and so soothing :)!

Have great days to come :)!
sara said…
Well, well, well Mr. Abdo..

To begin with, your feelings & unclear notions are very common things nowadays.. at least for us three here.. you, natasha & moi.. & we are three different ppl, living in three different parts of the world with three different environments..

Is this serious? it definitely is.. At least to me..

Personally, talking of marriage, I was shocked this summer (when I was in cairo) to hear & for the first time in my life of something called "aymah"!! It's this list of things that the groom gets & the father of the bride ALSO HAS TO GET! I was stunned & told ppl over there: I'm never gonna ever let this selling take part in my life.. If I ever get married, I'm never letting my man divide stuff with my dad! unless daddy wanted it & my MAN really couldn't.. I wanna live with what he has.. Not what we're supposed to have.. And there's a big difference there.. That will also need a book with probably 4 appendices :)

I'd like to share this:

http://www.sing365.com/music/Lyric.nsf/Sakeena-lyrics-Outlandish/210B324D258B356D48257181003357A7

this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rH2nNt1s5pk

& this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wsYOI1pDssI

(I hope this blurry sight that's been bothering you has nothing to do with u & ur fiancee though.. Don't let ppl get in between.. don't let stupid norms get to ur heads.. remember what rasuluLlah did with his Fatima?)

Personally again, my worries are usually revolved around the ones around me.. And not my own future.. And I believe this is a positive beautiful kinda of worrying..

Don’t worry about your future abdo..

"Anything that happens on earth, or to you, has already been recorded, even before the creation. This is easy for GOD to do. Thus, you should not grieve over anything you miss, nor be proud of anything He has bestowed upon you. GOD does not love those who are boastful, proud."
Qur'an [57:22-23]


I’m sure you’re worried about our ummah more than yourself.. And if that’s what you’re worried about, then worry.. frown (but smile, not fakely, heartedly.. not always, but just smile :) ) And know that “la yukalifu Allahu nafsan illa wus’aha.. And truly believe it.. YOU CAN DO IT.. NATASHA CAN.. AND I CAN..

WE CAN DO IT..

May we have tranquility that fills our souls, hearts, minds & bodies.. Amen :)

P.S. We’ll never “irtaaah” unless we take our first step to our jannah inshaAllah.. It’s a looooooong way to go.. “The truth be told, The truth be told”

With respect,
Gold said…
well well well, both of you..

Natasha: There is a smile inside here somewhere, but might be burnt on its way out, like a meteor on its way to collide with planet earth but burns on the thick atmosphere.. but for you i'd smile indeed :) for your very existence gives hope in Allah's mercy :) BIG TIME!!

so there are my teeth :D can you see them? :D :D

And thank you so much for your great encouraging words, i really needed to read that before work this morning..

As for you Miss Sara, your reply athlaja sadry (put ice in my chest) ie: made me comfortable from the inside..

First of all i'd like to clear out that I am no longer engaged, it ended some month ago and i don't regret it whatsoever, on the contrary I feel so contented from the amount of knowledge that experience has bestowed upon myself. So now I am not constantly under the pressure of the traditional Egyptian marriage model that i don't just detest, but i make sure I ridicule the wisdom behind it and the poverty of thought is points at on every occasion i can!

Case closed! Happier than ever alhamdulillah.

But, my post. That's where the but is. This is quite the situation now.

There is heaven on earth Sara, and that is in the hold of a husband to his wife, or a wife to her husband. Arrasul PBUH said: "Khayr mataa3 aldunya alzawja alsaale7ah".. this brings more than 50% of this life's comfort, which is love. Not the forbidden love but the true love of two people who are gathered under the blessing of Allah, trying to please him the best they can, no perfection is asked for, but just attempts and Allah rewards everyone based on his/her intentions.

In the past, it wasn't that difficult to have good wife and build a home. The visible from the past generations is that people sucked at building homes so no sacrificing generation was produced as per those homes, but rather parasites, and lets just admit that fact. Not all but the majority!

Those homes think alike, and they don't want to think outside the box that they were raised inside. reminds me of the numerous examples in the Quran about alAnbyaas' people, when they constantly answered them "we never found that - what you ask us to do - in our ancestors' lives".. wink wink..

Arrasul PBUH said "In jaa2akom man tardawna deenahoo fazawwejooh, wa illa takon fitnaton fel Ardi wa fasaadon kabeer"..

The Fitnah and the Fasad are going on.. I blame the starters, not the ones born and bred upon those traditions.. and mentalities..

too long of a post, eh? hope it made any difference with any reader..

With Respects indeed! Thanks for that :)

Abdo Mahgoub
Facebook

Popular posts from this blog

Profound Sanity

Random waiting-room banter

Dreams.. the plural of dream