What next?

A Part of me (allow me to talk about myself for a while, instead of talking about my genius plans to save humanity from itself) LOVES recognition, and another part detests it completely. Are you having the same thing?

When listening to and/or reading words of praise, thanks, congratulations for a good job, or any other means of showing care and admiration for myself, I happen to get this funny (peculiar) feeling that I want to run and hide, but at the same time fly up high in the sky with a suit and a tie.. Oh my my my!

Yeah no human being hates to be recognized, yet the part that feels happy once recognition is gained should be asked a direct and blunt question: "So what? What's next?". I mean, you have what you've been seeking, people start telling you how witty or pretty or funny you are, and most probably as a human being you were showing how witty-pretty-funny you are even if you don't mean to exaggerate or show off the attributes of your personality. What happened was that recognition was done, so now what, really!

It is known that people who seek wealth, the whole wealth and nothing but wealth so help me God are partially satisfied when wealth knocks on their door. Now you are as wealthy as you never dreamed to become: what's next? Same concept, different kind of lust.

The answer is: "nothing!" My thirst has been quenched and that's it.

The part in me that is frightened from recognition doesn't want that it seems, apart from the fact that praise increases the ego, and whenever I start to like myself I start to like myself, and the problem with liking myself is that I start to think that I could hardly do mistakes, thus the fact of improvement for a higher cause than the lust of this earthly life has less possibility of arising to the surface.

So I seem to become alert whenever I find myself in favor of gaining praise and recognition, and for honest I like it more when I feel uncomfortable with anyone's nice words about this self inside this temporary body.

and may Allah correct all of out intentions in this temporary life.. Amen

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Profound Sanity

Loving Fear

Otopeni